2.2 Caches per Minute?

Go back and have another look at the T ratings. The 2 that I looked at, both listed next to the highway with finals down at the off ramp were listed as 4.5 or 5. Have a look at GZ on google earth and tell me ratings haven't been manipulated for stats.

Well Vooruit! who it seems is the only one on this thread who has visited these caches thinks the ratings are appropriate.

Don't rely on what he says, pull up google earth and tell me they're fair dinkum.

OK I just had a look at what I think may be the ones you're referring to (http://coord.info/GC5NAG0 & http://coord.info/GC5NAG5) and they are CHALLENGE caches, one of which requires a complete grid, and the other requiring a certain number of finds per month ( e.g. 111 222 333 888 etc) for 11 months- note this one has NO finds, only notes written as people record their progress, so obviously that's not an easy one to qualify for. It's common to give a D rating for challenge caches according to the difficulty of the challenge, it's also common for people rate the T similarly.

I didn't realise that was the convention, we (thankfully?) Don't have many in this state, inactive i think I've only come across 1 on the map and i can't even remember where that was.

I got to thinking (again) about this after seeing a cacher who claimed 3125 finds in a day or nearly 2.2 caches a minute for 24 straight hours. I would wager he/she combined caches from a "group caching" experience.

Was this in the United States or Europe? I did somewhere between 877 and 900+. Hard to tell since I'm not sure which ones I logged them on the correct days. And I know 1500 can be done but it would be nice for that group to say how they got 3125 in one day.

Edited by jellis