Copy Travel Bug Number To Wood

colton.pepper

So I've had a great idea (at least in my opinion lol) and wanted to see if it's technically "legal". I am a hobby woodworker and I LOVE being out in my shop making things. Someday I want to be a great hobby furniture maker and make all kinds of beautiful furniture. Not that it has anything to do with my question but it kind of gives a very small glimpse into my background.

Anyways, I am buying up my supplies to place a cache out on my lands hedgerow. It's close by so I can easily jump on my side-by-side and check on it regularly. I want to make it really cool and leave something inside of it that would be a fantastic way to break the metaphoric champagne bottle over it and I came up with the idea of making a trackable! I want to make a really cool 3"x4" wooden trackable and send it around the world. So here's the question: could I buy a sticker and copy the GC code to the wood via a wood burning tool and still have it considered a trackable? Of course I could clearly mark it as one so there wouldn't be any question but is it allowed? If I HAVE to have a tag, I was thinking of routing out the center of the trackable and place the tag in the middle and suspend it in a resin epoxy. That way the tag is still technically on it and the Geocacher could still see both sides of the tag. I drew something up real fast in paint only to find that I don't see how to upload a picture...

What do you all think?