Brand new Oregon 600 - wont' take maps

Ugh. Brand new Oregon 600, just got it in the mail this afternoon. I've been trying all afternoon, and I just can't get it to acknowledge the maps that I've transferred to it. I am an advanced user, and know what I'm doing.

I'm gonna have to call Garmin tomorrow, but I don't look forward to that. Otherwise it's a good unit so far.

I've transferred maps to it multiple ways,

1) Manually to the SD card inside /garmin

2) with the Map Install program.

Then I should see it in Setup/Map/Configure Maps/____ on or off, but only the base map is listed there. I just can't figure this out! Anyone have any ideas? I don't think I missed anything.

Yes, I've updated the software on it. It hasn't frozen or locked up once yet, and I was expecting that. Though when I was transferring one of the maps (with Map Install) it kept installing it over again. When it was finished, it would start again, over and over again until I cancelled it.

Edited by DukeOfURL01

That worked brilliantly, thank you so much! I can't believe I didn't think to check that. I thought that a 64 GB card wouldn't format to FAT32, but it would. I had trouble getting it there because of Windows 7, and I'll have to reformat it as ExFAT when I put it back in the GoPro, because some of those files are bigger than 4 GB. (Fat32 only allows for a maximum file size of 4 GB, that was fixed in FatEX) - Thank you so much again! I am so happy now.