Messaging Question

SkipperL

I'm a little confused about how I was notified when I was asked a question about a cache via the messaging system.

OK, first I received an email on my computer stating that I had a message, no indication on my smartphone. I replied to the message and when the person replied back I received no email but got a message on my smartphone. I was not logged into the site at the time on my computer or my smartphone and the apps were turned off. So I understand getting an email via the messaging system since I validated my email but do not understand how I was notified over my phone since I never supplied my cell phone number to anyone. Is this because I am somehow still logged in via my phone in the background? And why wouldn't I get an email on the reply? I looked at the FAQ but could not find the answer. Could someone please explain how this works mainly because I wouldn't want to miss a message or send one incorrectly. Thanks

Edited by skipperl

Quite possibly. The development of the Message Center is on going. I noticed that my last contact through the MC had the body of the text in my email notification. Baby steps. I'm sure they'll update the FAQ and Help Center when they're done, or close to being done.

Thanks for the reply. I see the MC is fairly new, I will just wait and see what happens with future updates. Thanks again.