Monterra Geocaching

How do i do it on the Monterra ?

If find the Monterra and garmin software like windows - pretty dumb and useless - i like macs that are easy and work

I can't find anywhere in base camp (OS X) to do geocaching

There is a geocache app on the monterra that has nothing in it

SO i donloaded a gpx file from geocache - and this displays on basecamp - but even after transferring to the device (monterra) i am still unable to see any geocaches in the geocache app or on the os maps ?!!!

Its totally ridiculous and very un user friendly !

All help appreciated

Don't know quite what you are asking?

I'll take a guess!

1 Have you any mapping installed?

2 The geocache.com App?

3 Memory map?

Try going to the files on the Monterra. Using an App such as Astro. and find your gpx file. Then open it from there. If you do have multiple apps that can open it you can choose which to use.

CRF

I think you mean the 'Geocaches' icon as part of the Garmin Outdoor App on the Monterra.

Make sure you put the GPX in the <internal storage>/Garmin/GPX/ folder on the Monterra. No need for Basecamp, which imho messes up geocaches.

After you unplug the Monterra, GOA will scan for GPX and other files and indexes them. After that process the geocache will appear. If it doesn't, the geocache might be too far to show (~100 km or more) or there might be a filter active.