GeoWoodstock trip

The Jester

I completely understand why you think it is a bit short, but I had limited time for the trip. I had a longer trip planned that would go through the Upper Peninsula, down through Michigan, into Kentucky, coming back through Kansas and then picking up this trail. I may well do that other part later on, but start in Minneapolis and ending in Nashville.

Yeah, that's similar to what I was looking at, but add in a loop thru New England. Retirement is fun!

I'm also looking at a 'short' loop thru Glacier, Yellowstone and the canyons/arches of southern Utah. Maybe even parts of northern Arizona, but I have to be careful or it'll turn into another big trip. :rolleyes:

I completely understand why you think it is a bit short, but I had limited time for the trip. I had a longer trip planned that would go through the Upper Peninsula, down through Michigan, into Kentucky, coming back through Kansas and then picking up this trail. I may well do that other part later on, but start in Minneapolis and ending in Nashville.

Yeah, that's similar to what I was looking at, but add in a loop thru New England. Retirement is fun!

I'm also looking at a 'short' loop thru Glacier, Yellowstone and the canyons/arches of southern Utah. Maybe even parts of northern Arizona, but I have to be careful or it'll turn into another big trip. :rolleyes:

If you do that loop with Glacier and Yellowstone, be sure to hit Wind Cave NP. There is another EC at Wind Cave.

Skip Crazy Horse. You can see it from the highway and the stop is just a tourist trap.

New England is a place I have to get back to. I was there before caching and so have none of those states.

"Skip Crazy Horse. You can see it from the highway and the stop is just a tourist trap."

Totally agree about Crazy Horse. We stopped there 5 years ago, and they wanted about $30 just to drive in. Banged a youie, got out and took a picture, and were on our way.

We did Wind Cave this trip- very interesting, quite different from the other caves we did on the trip (Carlsbad Caverns & Mammoth Cave). We did Jewel Cave a few years back (before GC). I want to go back and do the wild cave tours at each someday.

Yeah, we skipped Crazy Horse, $11 per person to get in, a shuttle to the base is extra. We didn't think it worth the cost for what we wanted to see/do. Good views from the highway. I hope they finish it someday, but I'm not sure it'll be in my lifetime.