uploading a file from the iPhone

SPat ABQ

I finished a Cartridge using the iPhone app.

The directions say:

"Once you complete the cartridge make sure to save it in the Wherigo Player. When you return to the web site you can upload the save file to the site which will unlock the cartridge. The save file will have the name of the cartridge and end in *.GWS."

I hooked the iPhone to the comupter to search for a .gws files.

I can not even find the app in the files. I wonder if it is my settings on my phone that don't let me do certain things with the computer.

Once you complete the cartridge make sure to save it in the Wherigo Player. When you return to the web site you can upload the save file to the site which will unlock the cartridge. The save file will have the name of the cartridge and end in *.GWS.

I need an url for uploading a completed cartridge from an iPhone.

Thanks for any help.

Only Garmin devices save in GWS. All other Wherigo players save in GWL and OWS, both are unusable for the Wherigo website.

You can also unlock a cartridge by entering the completion code. That is a 15-digit alphanumeric string which often is given when you played out a cartridge. If not given, you can find it by opening the OWS file in a text editor and search for "completion code". Make sure you only take the first 15 characters of the code.

The Wherigo experts don't tend to work on weekends, Spat ABQ. Besides, I'd rather have a good mix of people answering questions and not just the same few.

StefandD gave you a good answer. The only thing I have to add is to remind cartridge authors it will be very important later on to include the command to mark their cartridge as complete.