Leeds area

frances79

Hi all, I'm new to geocaching and loving it loads!! Found my first coin and took it to the isle of man with me last weekend and left it in a cache there, unfortunately didn't manage to find one to bring back ?

I am just wondering if anyone in the Leeds area is out this week geocaching that I could tag along with and learn more about it. Thanks and happy caching!

I am going to assume that you left the geocoin in summer hill glen , as your log says, "Excellent find, have dropped a little gift in too.".

Problem is, you left it there, but you did not log it as Placed there. You really need to do that.

It still shows as in your Inventory, not the cache Inventory. It is the logging that transfers possession from one to another.

I realize that it was your first trackable movement... but you need know that there are steps for logging trackables, as well as for caches.

"Retrieved From..."-- Taken from a cache that it is logged into (you did that just fine).

"Placed" (or) "Dropped"-- Placed into a cache (this is what you need to do).

"Grabbed From..."-- Taken from anywhere other than a cache it had been logged into.

"Visited" or "Taken to..."-- As it says, taken to, but not dropped or left there.

"Discovered"-- Seen but not taken.

You need the tracking number to perform any of the above logs. While it is yet included in your Trackables Inventory, the website or your phone (if that is your geocaching device) still holds that number for you. Easy to do.

A "Note" log may be recorded without use of the tracking number.

Hint: You can still log the placement, even though you are not present. Make a "Note" log on the cache page -- before submitting that log, scroll down to your Trackables Inventory and tag that geocoin as "Placed" or "Dropped off...", then submit the note log.

If you so desire, you may delete that cache "Note" log afterwards, it really doesn't matter. The action (placement of the item) remains intact.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee