Challenge Cache

NurseB33

Project GC identifies some challenges that have associated tools for checking completion - just as some of the GSAK macros will document completion for some types of challenges. Bookmarks that list challenges by name may be the closest the OP can get. Shell1fish, for instance, lists many U.S. challenges by state. I do not know of anyone, though, who has put together a list of challenges by type to see if an idea has already been created. And a list of "all the various challenge caches in existence" seems daunting.

Some challenge are very common - the fizzy, busy day, or alphanumeric challenges for instance. These are often the ones that have associated tools or macros. An idea that is so unique that it has not yet been implemented anywhere might lead to questions about whether a substantial number of geocachers would be able to meet the challenge, as this is a factor under current guidelines (although the one challenge I have listed seems to be somewhat unique.)

The guidelines, however, do not require the uniqueness of challenges to be measured by all that are in existence, but simply ask if an area already has similar challenges. That could be determined by regional bookmarks or your own searches.

Edited by geodarts

Project GC identifies some challenges that have associated tools for checking completion - just as some of the GSAK macros will document completion for some types of challenges. Bookmarks that list challenges by name may be the closest the OP can get. Shell1fish, for instance, lists many U.S. challenges by state. I do not know of anyone, though, who has put together a list of challenges by type to see if an idea has already been created. And a list of "all the various challenge caches in existence" seems daunting.

Some challenge are very common - the fizzy, busy day, or alphanumeric challenges for instance. These are often the ones that have associated tools or macros. An idea that is so unique that it has not yet been implemented anywhere might lead to questions about whether a substantial number of geocachers would be able to meet the challenge, as this is a factor under current guidelines (although the one challenge I have listed seems to be somewhat unique.)

The guidelines, however, do not require the uniqueness of challenges to be measured by all that are in existence, but simply ask if an area already has similar challenges. That could be determined by regional bookmarks or your own searches.

I think new features have been added recently. I'm seeing a map of all caches of the type Unknown cache and that has a name containing the word Challenge.

http://project-gc.com/Tools/Challenges?map

The page has filtering that includes keyword "cache name contains".

I'm a PM on Project-GC so maybe the map is only a PM feature.

I had forgotten about the map feature - although I had used it when I last visited family and was looking for something to do. I have also searched with apps using the question mark icon with a keyword "challenge." These searches are helpful for identifying what is around you even if they do not list all the various challenges in existence.