Help Larry the Lobster

GeoTripper

Please help Larry the Lobster. You see, he's a travel bug who was last on the west coast. I picked him up and brought him with me while I attended a conference in DC.

Unfortunately I didn't get ANY free time. However, today the conference attendees spent several hours down at the Mall. I hid Larry in a tree near the Lincoln Memorial.

Somebody *please* go pick him up and take him to a real cache in a safer place.

I have the coordinates and a couple photos. The coordinates are below, I'll post the photos if it will help.

Let me know how it goes, and thanks for helping.

N 38 deg 53.290'

W 77 deg 3.077'

If I was in the area, I'd help, but I don't. Sorry. But this practice probably isn't a great idea and I wouldn't encourage others to copy it.

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

If I was in the area, I'd help, but I don't. Sorry. But this practice probably isn't a great idea and I wouldn't encourage others to copy it.

_"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm_

Thanks Brian. You worded that soooo much nicer then I was going to.

"This is gc.com, love it or leave it "

No, I agree: It's definitely not a good idea. (And thank you Brian for wording it in the nice way to start with).

I won't excuse myself, just explain it. I've had Larry for a little while and have been planning and planning to take a travel bug for a longer trip than my customary 10-100 miles. I really wanted him to get to his next goal of another ocean.

Every day while I was in DC I tried to figure a way to get him to a cache so he could continue his journey, but it just never worked out. So I was hoping that one of you in the area could grab him and send him on the way.

It was not a good idea, but the only one I had in desperation. No excuses, just an explanation and I hope you'll let me live with that.

Thanks.