Missing TB found

Coatesfamily5

We are new to this and found a TB but did not log it right away. When we went to log it, the owner of the TB had marked it as "missing". I have now since moved the TB to a new cache but am unable to update the TB log as it is still set as missing. I messaged the owner with no response. Am I missing something? Is there a way for me to reclassify the TB as not missing so it can continue to be tracked?

We are new to this and found a TB but did not log it right away. When we went to log it, the owner of the TB had marked it as "missing". I have now since moved the TB to a new cache but am unable to update the TB log as it is still set as missing. I messaged the owner with no response. Am I missing something? Is there a way for me to reclassify the TB as not missing so it can continue to be tracked?

You say you moved the TB to a new cache; do you still have the tracking number? If not, there's nothing you can do (unless you go back to the cache where you left it) but the next person who finds it can update it. If you have the tracking number, all you have to do is: Under Trackable Options>Found it? Log it>Type of Log>Grab it from somewhere else. (Missing is somewhere else)

Just when is it that you did attempt to log it?

You picked it up 4 Nov. and put it into a cache 31 Dec. Did you wait two months before trying to log the pick-up?

If so, you now see that might not have been such a good idea.

You cannot alter the Missing classification without duly logging the trackable properly. That's the way the system works.

If you cannot get to the cache you placed it into and get the number, you cannot do anything.

In time, it will be corrected by the next cacher that does log it.

A hint that bears repeating; Always copy the number (on paper, GPSr, smart phone) until you are sure all logging is done properly. Discard it when finished.