Hide current zone & max # of active zones

Vooruit!

I'm creating a Memory Wherigo, and running into a small problem: in the emulator, when hiding and deactivating the current zone (in this context meaning the player has just picked up a card), it immediately disappears from the map, which is exactly what I want. In WhereYouGo however, the zone only disappears after the player has left it. Could it be that disabling the current zone is some sort of illegal action, which should not be done? The fact that different Wherigo implementations show different behavior makes me wonder...

Also, is it still true that you shouldn't have no more than X zones active at the same time? This being a Memory game of 8 pairs, so making 16 zones in total, I'm wondering whether it is at all possible to create this kind of game as a Wherigo?

Thank you.

Edited by Vooruit!

I assume, that the problems with WhereYouGo is a update problem. The map isn't updated after you have deactivated the zone. So I would say, it is a bug.

The Wherigo specification (if there is one ;) ) don't have a map. There is only a list for zones. So each player could handle this by its own.

Each active zone uses a special amount of CPU power when the position changes, because for each new zone the player has to calculate , if the player is inside, in proximity or outside of the zone. The not so well equiped Garmins can get into problems because of their small CPU power. Normally you shouldn't use more than 8-10 active zones at a time.

As workaround you can only actived the zones nearby of the user. With this, s/he sees the next 4-5 active zones around him, but no other. There are examples on the German forum, but not in english. Sorry.

Thank you charlenni.

Yes, I tend to agree. Strangely, other zones DO vanish at once when they are disabled. I'll report the bug to the developer.

As for the Garmins having this limitation: it seems so... non-2014'ish, having your creatitivy being limited for such stupid reasons. I guess an alternative would be to ignore the Garmins? Not something I really want to do, but in my opinion the zones (being cards) just have to stay visible at all times.