270 Ft.?

jfpinell

Figured what the heck, I'd go measure. Does 270 ft. from a school sound OK? (The original that was ok at first) The other 2 are (were?) 413 ft. from the playground and the 3rd is 530+ ft. (the toy said "0.13 mi."). Even though it shows flat open land there ARE a few trees scattered around the park (none in between the 2 points). I just figured; "If the pavilion & washroom building are where they are in relation to the building people are wandering around the park all the time anyway, so.....

Still waiting for a response from "Bec" (Becky, I'm guessing?) Just figured I'd ask if these distances were ok.

Edited by jfpinell

Figured what the heck, I'd go measure. Does 270 ft. from a school sound OK? (The original that was ok at first) The other 2 are (were?) 413 ft. from the playground and the 3rd is 530+ ft. (the toy said "0.13 mi."). Even though it shows flat open land there ARE a few trees scattered around the park (none in between the 2 points). I just figured; "If the pavilion & washroom building are where they are in relation to the building people are wandering around the park all the time anyway, so.....

Still waiting for a response from "Bec" (Becky, I'm guessing?) Just figured I'd ask if these distances were ok.

It's all incredibly subjective.

Can you give coordinates for where you're talking about? If you can see the site from the school or schoolyard, then I'd say it's too close.

Really, this is a better question for your Reviewer to ask instead of all of us here who aren't familiar with the cache placement area and its nuances and regulations.

You really don't need to start yet another thread about the same topic.

As what said in the other thread(s), it's up to your Reviewer. If you haven't heard back, then either post another Reviewer Note or send her an email.

B.

It's all incredibly subjective.

Can you give coordinates for where you're talking about? If you can see the site from the school or schoolyard, then I'd say it's too close.

Really, this is a better question for your Reviewer to ask instead of all of us here who aren't familiar with the cache placement area and its nuances and regulations.

Yeah, the review thingy is being done. Just thought I'd ask. The park that borders it on 1 end is what is making me call it into question. People could sit there all day long on the picnic tables or wandering around or heck, playing family football on the public grounds. I suppose if someone was sitting at the park with a pair of binoculars pointed towards the school that'id be different. But it's the fact that people are there all the time and no one can tell what they're doing or not doing. Like I said it's (hopefully) being presently looked at. Just curious of other opinions on distance. With as open as that area is (there are a few trees scattered) you can see across the entire park into the corn field over 550 ft. away and even further than that. The only thing that prevents you from seeing halfway through town is the rest of the town is below the hill just after the rock quarry beyond the corn field.

Edited by jfpinell

You really don't need to start yet another thread about the same topic.

As what said in the other thread(s), it's up to your Reviewer. If you haven't heard back, then either post another Reviewer Note or send her an email.

B.

I'm asking about distance. Look I can tell you people don't care for me. Sorry if I'm not up on top of all the latest etiquette on chat rooms but I don't sit on them all day. I'll find another way to ask questions. People are just too picky on chat rooms for me. Just close this then, huh?