TB Transfer

Granpa&GranmaEstero

I had picked up a TB (TB191BY) to place in Indianapolis, IN on our last visit. I was unable to do any OF the caching in Indianapois that would allow me to place the TB there. I then asked "LAKEDOGS" TO DO IT FOR ME. Thus TRANSFERING OWNERSHIP TO THEM. At on time I thought I could note the transfer in a log and it would then transfer the ownership to "Lakedogs" and I would no longer be responsible for the TB's placement. HOW DO I DO THIS THE RIGHT WAY/////

I had picked up a TB (TB191BY) to place in Indianapolis, IN on our last visit. I was unable to do any OF the caching in Indianapois that would allow me to place the TB there. I then asked "LAKEDOGS" TO DO IT FOR ME. Thus TRANSFERING OWNERSHIP TO THEM. At on time I thought I could note the transfer in a log and it would then transfer the ownership to "Lakedogs" and I would no longer be responsible for the TB's placement. HOW DO I DO THIS THE RIGHT WAY/////

Lakedogs needs to "grab" it from you.

PS, it is not ownership, the cacher who released it still owns it. You and Lakedogs are just the current "holder" (or caretaker).

Edited by Andronicus

As Andronicus said, Lakedogs needs to log the TB online - there's nothing you can do to correct the situation.

But don't worry, even if Lakedogs fails to correctly log the TB but eventually leaves it in a cache, then the next person who picks up the TB will hopefully log it correctly, thus removing the TB from your online inventory. In other words, it might take a while, but eventually the TB will likely be correctly logged and removed from your inventory.

If worse comes to worse and several months down the road the TB is still showing up in your inventory and Lakedogs says they put it in a cache and no longer have it, etc., you could e-mail the TB's owner (named "CDS231") and ask them to mark the TB missing. That will remove it from your inventory (I think).