Timing Publish Time

etarace

It seems like I have seen caches where the CO published the cache (rather than the Reviewer, the Reviewer just approved it). I might be just imagining or misinterpreting something.

I will try to explain what I want so that you can tell me if this is possible. Tuesday I am hiding a new cache, I want my cache to "Publish" (in other words, "go live" and "alert the FTF hounds" and all that jazz) at a certain specific future time.

I wouldn't want to burden the Reviewer with this.

Or maybe I am wrong, and it is no burden and he can just set a "timer" on it? All I have to do is note it on my submission? I have no clue.

If I can have "control" how do I ask for it? I have one whole cache so far (and an event) so all I did was my best to put the needed information then sat refreshing my page for hours waiting for it to list.

Or am I just crazy and this isn't possible?

The owner of a cache cannot publish their own cache.

It's not an inconvenience to ask your reviewer to aim for a timeframe. Just give us sufficient advance notice. Place your request in a reviewer note on the cache listing.

You can ask for "Saturday evening" or "Sunday afternoon" or "after my event begins at 5:00 Friday" and things ought to work out fine. If you ask for 1:23 a.m. because your cache is a three stage multicache (1-2-3), you will likely be disappointed.

Thank you both so much for such quick and full response. I didn't so much want "control" as I didn't want to be a bother to my friendly neighborhood unpaid Reviewer.

I didn't want the time as specific as 1:23am but more like "8-ish" on a certain day.

That's great, I'll put the note in for my Reviewer when I go to list it. If it doesn't list right then, it won't be the end of the world, but it would be cool. Thanks!