Earwigo function call

catoz

I recently built my first Wherigo using this web-based builder and I really like it! Thank you. I'm onto my next project and I'm trying to use the Function Call where you can pass a parameter. I have a function call setup where I pass in a Zone name into a parameter 'x'. In the function call I issue a command to make the zone active using Set Value Zone:x:Active => true

When this command is executed I receive an error in the both the emulator and my GPS that says something like "invalid string being indexed". 'x' seems to be a valid option according to the Earwigo builder as it appears in the drop-down list of zones to select from, and intuitively it makes sense. Am I doing something wrong here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joe (catoz)

Edited by catoz

I have a function call setup where I pass in a Zone name into a parameter 'x'. In the function call I issue a command to make the zone active using Set Value Zone:x:Active => true

Joe,

this looks the way it should be done. I tried to re create your problem but it went through the emulator without the error that you describe. The only thing that I changed was that

- I came up with my own function name "ActivateZone"

- I renamed the function variable from x to ZoneName.

Try to rename the function variable from x to ZoneName and let me know if that cures your problem.

If that does not help

Try to rename the function itself from WhateverYouHave to ActivateZone and let me know if that cures your problem.

Your approach (using the default x) is totally valid and should not cause the error. If one the proposed modifications solves your issue, please let me know.