Premium or Official App?

iamnotsocool

I've always wanted to try geocaching, but I never did until recently. I found my first geocaching trip quite fun thing to do in my spare time and I plan on doing it more often soon.

I have Geocaching Intro App for Android. It works fine on my HTC One; however, as I think I might get into it, I would like to ask what would be better for me as a beginner - to download Official Geocaching App (is it much different from Intro?) or to get a Premium Membership and use it on Intro app (or do I need Official App to do so?)

I'm not planning to buy GPS any time soon, so I'll be using my smartphone.

I've always wanted to try geocaching, but I never did until recently. I found my first geocaching trip quite fun thing to do in my spare time and I plan on doing it more often soon.

I have Geocaching Intro App for Android. It works fine on my HTC One; however, as I think I might get into it, I would like to ask what would be better for me as a beginner - to download Official Geocaching App (is it much different from Intro?) or to get a Premium Membership and use it on Intro app (or do I need Official App to do so?)

Premium Membership provides no improvement while still using the Intro-app.

The full (paid) app is heads and shoulders over the Intro-app. To upgrade the app, DO NOT attempt to purchase it through the app. Purchase it from the app store, instead.

Here are links to sections in the Help Center that might help in making your decision:

2.2. What is the difference between the Geocaching Intro app for iPhone, the Pro app, and Geocaching Premium?

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=514

1.15. iPhone app Feature Comparison

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=442

Premium Membership

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.book&id=5

B.

I'd say definitely get the paid app before Premium membership. Many folks have found many thousands of caches as Basic members.....the full app will give you all the functionality you need for hours and hours of happy caching. I'd say start out with the app and in the meantime read up on the benefits of Premium membership. After caching awhile you'll know if the advantages of Premium membership would be useful to you.

I'd say definitely get the paid app before Premium membership. Many folks have found many thousands of caches as Basic members.....the full app will give you all the functionality you need for hours and hours of happy caching. I'd say start out with the app and in the meantime read up on the benefits of Premium membership. After caching awhile you'll know if the advantages of Premium membership would be useful to you.

I agree with this.

The Intro App is so limiting to users, as it is intended to be.

The full app will give a much fuller experience.

Premium Membership partnered with the Intro App is a rather contradictory situation.

Lots and lots and lots of folks have been happy cachers without the PM, before the onslaught of phones & apps.

B.