My first day ever Geocaching

Well me and the kid did our first geocache ever today and we liked it, ended up getting 12 of the 13 we tried, the one we didn't get i think the owner didn't keep it updated, it was a puzzle one, we also got a travel bug i hope to move on this weekend... all i can say is it was fun got some exercise and learned a few lessons, like wear pants when walking threw stinging nettle... oh i still feel it... :rolleyes:

the one we didn't get i think the owner didn't keep it updated, it was a puzzle one,
Did you solve the puzzle? Most puzzle caches are not located at the posted coordinates, and you have to solve the puzzle to determine the correct coordinates. In these cases, there is nothing to find at the posted coordinates.
the one we didn't get i think the owner didn't keep it updated, it was a puzzle one,
Did you solve the puzzle? Most puzzle caches are not located at the posted coordinates, and you have to solve the puzzle to determine the correct coordinates. In these cases, there is nothing to find at the posted coordinates.

No it tells you to looki into a reflective dome to count certain objects well the dome is so sun bleached and faded it doesn't reflect anymore so I counted objects I thought would hit the dome but no combo gave me the correct cords.. Kind of a bummer. Yeah this was the second phase of the puzzle so when we came a across the first part and had to solve the puzzle we where stoked..

Edited by Primevci
No it tells you to looki into a reflective dome to count certain objects well the dome is so sun bleached and faded it doesn't reflect anymore so I counted objects I thought would hit the dome but no combo gave me the correct cords.. Kind of a bummer. Yeah this was the second phase of the puzzle so when we came a across the first part and had to solve the puzzle we where stoked..
Ah, that sounds like a good time to post a Needs Maintenance log.

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=551

i can remember my first cache easily, welcome to the world of caching. jeff=bones1

And the best thing is the 16yo son asked if we could go today gonna leave in a hour :)

Wow! Anytime you can get a 16 yo to want to do something with you, that's just amazing!! Have a great time together!

Welcome to the fun and oh so addictive game :)

3 more today, had a good time took my dad along but parked at the wrong park so it was a hike in and he is 60 so i left him at the end of the trail "another park" hiked back the 3 miles got my car and picked him up he liked it but said maybe next time find a easier spot, i said it would have not been so bad if i parked at the right park, only problem i had was a wino/addict the trail stoped me when i was walking to the other park to ask me where various roads and towns where in the area, witch every place he asked was way off from the location we where at, then going back to the car ran across him again stoped me and the kid asked the same type of questions but different places which he was not close to, what was weird was at the park he had to come from because he was asking me about the park where my car was and how far was it from where he was, there was no car or truck there hope the guy is ok but it was just plain odd asked me for some water to but all i had was my camel pack and dont like sharing things that touch other peoples mouth, anways guess its time to find a nice sturdy walking stick or something :)..

Edited by Primevci

3 more today, had a good time took my dad along but parked at the wrong park so it was a hike in and he is 60 so i left him at the end of the trail "another park" hiked back the 3 miles got my car and picked him up he liked it but said maybe next time find a easier spot,

Yeah old people shouldn't cache. (Joking)

Here is a recent log for us late 60's

Got an email from KDCachers yesterday asking if we wanted to join them for a caching trip to the Parrsboro area and perhaps Cape Dor. So we headed out from Moncton around 8:30 this morning. Once in Parrsboro, it was decided to first try for a very difficult cache of Pushkin's near a waterfall. Apparently there was a steep 500 meter hike down a trail from a road that KDCachers had driven twice in the past looking for this cache.

It turns out that the road was not quite as good as in the past but we still were able to drive it slowly for about 20 minutes or so to a spot about 1.5 kms from the cache. We then headed along the road on foot till we arrived at the spot to head into the woods. We couldnt find a trail so we bushwacked through the woods and then worked our way slowly down the steep hill to the water. The 4 of us were tired and took a break.

The water was fast running but we found a spot where a couple of long hops onto rocks allowed for a crossing. There was then a tough climb to the area of the cache. It took a long time to locate the cache as the hill seemed to play havoc with the gps and the coords were showing 100 meters off. The hint helped a little with the search and finally the cache was located. A very happy occasion.

The trip back to the vehicle was a little easier as we found a trail but it was overgrown and often tough to locate. The entire hike and find was over 2 hours long.

i can remember my first cache easily, welcome to the world of caching. jeff=bones1

And the best thing is the 16yo son asked if we could go today gonna leave in a hour :)

Absolutely the best thing. Welcome to the madness, have lots of FUN. I enjoy the occasional caching foray with my dad when we are together and he'll be 80 soon.

Remember there are lots of caches out there, so just keep looking for the ones that you enjoy and you'll have years of fun in front of you.