New travel bug

Chuckle berry

I recently won a travel bug at an event. However there isn't any codes on it and the paper it came with didn't have any codes on it. I emailed the event makers and they weren't sure what to do either. What can I do?

Are you sure you won a travel bug? Perhaps it was a pathtag, which is not a Groundspeak product.

Travel bugs will have "trackable at Geocaching.com" and a tracking code stamped on them.

This is what the basic Groundspeak travel bug tags look like:

http://shop.geocaching.com/default/trackable-items/travel-bugs/travel-bug.html

There are other, "fancier" things like Cachekinz, etc. but they will all have the tracking number stamped on them, with the "trackable at geocaching.com".

B.

It looks exactly like the dog tags but I can't seem to find anything on it.

What's written on the tags?

What comes to mind is >

140271152.jpg

Also available as a "Dog Tag" (but can I find a picture, when I need one!) but in itself is NOT trackable. Only for attaching to items that are trackable/have trackable numbers already.

im not sure how to upload a picture on here.

Put a picture on any webpage. Upload one here, Facebook, Flickr, wherever you like. Get the URL. When posting here, above where you write what you want you will see options. One is a smiley face, then to its right is a chain, then to the right of that is a picture of a tree- not the trees picture, the icon is a photograph. Click it, enter the URL and select insert image.

Or just upload it and give us the link.

Edited by T.D.M.22

I have a blank travel bug that came with the magnetic travel bug decal that I bought. If I decide to stop using the decal, I'm supposed to write the number on the tag and send it off on its way. It sounds like you got one of these. Because you got a blank only, and no accompanying bug with an actual tracking number, then I would have to say that it's only useful for replacing lost or stolen travel bugs that you may have had.