Best Geocaching GPS

Hello

I have a Magellan Explorist GC and am not really happy with it. I find it confusing to use the maps. Also my Magellan communicator does not work and I've downloaded it repeatedly. I'm not able to download my pocket queries anymore. I'm wondering how others are downloading to their GPS unit.

Hello

I have a Magellan Explorist GC and am not really happy with it. I find it confusing to use the maps. Also my Magellan communicator does not work and I've downloaded it repeatedly. I'm not able to download my pocket queries anymore. I'm wondering how others are downloading to their GPS unit.

For years now I've used GSAK to organize my PQ's and put them on my multiple handhelds and Nuvi's......does a great job and I highly recommend it.

Edited by BAMBOOZLE

PQ right from website -> computer -> GPS.

GSAK as mentioned above is awesome -- I only wish they made a Mac version. :ph34r:

Most of the newer GPS units will support paperless caching, enabling you to view the description, hint, and logs right on the GPS.

Edited by Pacific NW

Thanks for your help!

Sorry to chime is so late, but I feel the real answer is difficult. There is no "best" fishing lure :)

It's kind of like asking what the best car is.... a Lamborghini - not really practical if you live where there are no roads or a 4x4 truck, again not practical if you have 6 kids and 4 dogs you need to transport daily. I think it comes down to what you feel comfortable with, what features you want and what you want to do with it.

The best advice I can offer is to attend a few local events and ask to try other cachers GPS's. Most are very happy to hand over their unit to go find a cache with you and let you try before you buy so to speak. It can also be invaluable to have other local cachers who use similar units as they can really reduce the learning curve on uploading caches, managing waypoints, maps icons on the unit etc.

Hope it makes sense.....

DD

The best advice I can offer is to attend a few local events and ask to try other cachers GPS's. Most are very happy to hand over their unit to go find a cache with you and let you try before you buy so to speak. It can also be invaluable to have other local cachers who use similar units as they can really reduce the learning curve on uploading caches, managing waypoints, maps icons on the unit etc.

Agreed!