Help with German translation for a cache page?

tvchick

Hello!

I have been working on an earthcache for a site in Switzerland, and finished writing the description in English. Because the cache page also needs the description in the local language, I used Google Translate, but I have a feeling it doesn't sound quite right to German speakers? I imagine it sounds like the bad kung fu movie voiceovers I used to watch. Here is a sample:

Ein Gletscher Mühle, auch als moulin (Französisch für "Mühle") bekannt, ist ein schmaler vertikaler Welle in einem Gletscher , die einen Weg für das Wasser aus der Gletscheroberflächezu seiner Basis zu reisen bietet . Es entsteht, wenn Schmelzwasser läuft von der Oberfläche in eine Gletscherspalte oder andere Schwachstelle im Eis und durch seine Wärme und Turbulenzen, beginnt, sich in das Eis bohren nach unten.

I posted on the General Geocaching forum, but thought I might try here, too.

My mom's German is conversational more than written, so she can't help much, unfortunately. I was wondering if anyone here would be willing to edit/clean up my German Google-translation so it at least won't make the German reader laugh too hard?

And as a token of my appreciation, I can send you a new unactivated trackable! (Since I can't send a pint of beer or a California fish taco, I hope this is just as fun.)

Danke,

-tvchick.

Hi,

can you please give us the original English description? I think it would be easier to translate the original but to correct the "German" sentence which I do not understand in detail and which (I think) has several words we could translate in a better way.

Best wishes

Jochen