Mark Twain National Forest, SE MO

gpin75

Hi, I'm looking for some good cache's in or around the area of Mark Twain National Forest "Big Springs" section south of Van Buren Missouri. I've search but can't determine if any cache's are actually in this area or not.

From reading other post's it looks like Mark Twain National Forest is cache friendly! If you have some references I'd be glad to look them up. Thanks!

-Gpin75

PS. Need to know by Thursday August 21st, 2003

Thanks for the reply. Unfortantely Willow Springs is a considerable distance from where I'll be. The closest (I think) to the area I'm going to be in are here but would like someone who knows that area to confirm. I'd hate to get down there (5 hours away) and not have any cache's loaded up close to my location.

- Gpin75

There used to be a cache right at the Big Springs but it has since been archived. I used the coordinates for the former cache N 36° 57.166 W 090° 59.648 and came up with this I hope this helps.

Note: The Mark Twain National Forest is cache friendly however the Ozark National Scenic Riverways under the jurisdiction of the National Park Service is not. Their properties are often overlapping in this area.