PQ Placed During

+tom+

I have 2 questions relating to the filter 'Placed During' of a Pocket Query

Is this filter working on the 'Date Hidden' or on the 'Date Published' of the caches?

If 'the last week' is select does it mean the 7 days prior to the day of the query or the period Sunday to Saturday prior to the day of the query.

Also the early caches didn't have a date published so date placed is the only record available

Last week would seem to be last seven days to me otherwise running one on a Saturday would get caches 6-13 days ago. And since most people run these weekly on whatever day they set it up last seven makes more sense.

OK let me explain the reason behind my prior questions.

A while back I downloaded all caches for an area and saved them in GSAK. I followed it up with weekly pocket query just for caches placed during the last week and added them to GSAK. Now I discovered new caches in that area that my system had missed!

After some investigations I do now understand what has happened. The system can look at published caches only. But a cache published during the last week that has a hidden date older than a week will be missed! And that is was happened!

It can get confusing if the time from 'Hidden' to 'Published' is long, ie if you get a new cache notification, you look at it and it is 'a month old' !

Personally I would prefer the PQ filter to be using the published date, but it is what it is!

OK let me explain the reason behind my prior questions.

A while back I downloaded all caches for an area and saved them in GSAK. I followed it up with weekly pocket query just for caches placed during the last week and added them to GSAK. Now I discovered new caches in that area that my system had missed!

After some investigations I do now understand what has happened. The system can look at published caches only. But a cache published during the last week that has a hidden date older than a week will be missed! And that is was happened!

It can get confusing if the time from 'Hidden' to 'Published' is long, ie if you get a new cache notification, you look at it and it is 'a month old' !

Personally I would prefer the PQ filter to be using the published date, but it is what it is!

Same here. What we need is a "Published during last week/month" filter. I doubt it's going to happen, but I am in favour!

The problem here is that you are still using the antiquated and never to be updated pq system while API calls are the future. You said you have GSAK. Go to the top Geocaching.com Access and then Get Caches followed by page 2 and use the Published Date box. Set it how you want. You do have to run it manually since there is no way to automate although if you ask over there someone may have written a macro which would run on opening and check for last date run and then do the call/

I believe that you could attach that saved call to a button and place it at the top.

Edited by Walts Hunting