Hiding first Geocache - multiple members?

frankwell

Hi,

I'm looking forward to hiding my first Geocache and some friends (fellow Geocachers) have asked if they can join in. Is it possible to create a group with existing accounts to claim credit or would you have to start up a new account if multiple people wanted to be part of the same geocache?

Hope that makes sense and thanks for any help.

Paul (user Frankwell)

Hi,

I'm looking forward to hiding my first Geocache and some friends (fellow Geocachers) have asked if they can join in. Is it possible to create a group with existing accounts to claim credit or would you have to start up a new account if multiple people wanted to be part of the same geocache?

Paul (user Frankwell)

When you list a cache there is a field where you can put in whatever name you like as the owner of the cache. However, the cache will be listed as being owned by whatever account was used to list the cache. For instance, I have one that says it was hidden by MrsSQ, but I listed it so it shows on my hide stats. So you can have multiple owners of a cache as far as what shows on the listing is concerned, but there is no way to have multiple owners of a cache for receiving logs and appearing as a hide in everyone's stats.

All that being said, you could create a new cache name that represents the group and list it from there, but the log emails would all still only go to 1 email - the one set as the default for that new account.

In either case, the person receiving emails would have to do some kind of filtering on that email account to forward a copy to everyone who wants to receive the logs or those people could bookmark or watchlist the cache to get them.

Hi,

Paul (user Frankwell)

When you list a cache there is a field where you can put in whatever name you like as the owner of the cache. However, the cache will be listed as being owned by whatever account was used to list the cache. For instance, I have one that says it was hidden by MrsSQ, but I listed it so it shows on my hide stats. So you can have multiple owners of a cache as far as what shows on the listing is concerned, but there is no way to have multiple owners of a cache for receiving logs and appearing as a hide in everyone's stats.

All that being said, you could create a new cache name that represents the group and list it from there, but the log emails would all still only go to 1 email - the one set as the default for that new account.

In either case, the person receiving emails would have to do some kind of filtering on that email account to forward a copy to everyone who wants to receive the logs or those people could bookmark or watchlist the cache to get them.

The other "owners" could be notified immediately when the cache gets an online log by placing a Watch on the cache.

If the friends want access to the cache page then you'll have to set up an account for your group and share the password. Then anyone can go in and make changes to the cache description or manage the finds (example: delete bogus finds, write notes, log an Owner Maintenance).