Detroit area 11/13 - 11/16

TimInOhio and Brittany

I will be in the Detroit area, from 11/13 to 11/16 and am looking for recommendations for a few Geocaches to look for. I prefer a multi with some puzzling involved, like The Brainbuster. It's rated a 4.5 difficulty and a 2 terrain. I will have my girlfriend (she's only been on 3 hunts with me so far) and I hope to meet up with a friend and his wife (also newbies). Thanks in advance!!!

TimInOhio

Insert Shameless Self Promotion here:

I like and have had great reviews on:

umc's 1st cache

umc's 2nd cache

umc's 4th cache and

umc's 6th cache

I currently have the 4th disabled because I've been trying to figure out what I need to do with the first stage which came up missing. I should have that done by the time you come here so make sure to check to make sure its enabled.

Where exactly are you going to be?

MiGO

Caching with a clue....

Tree Cemetery in Dearborn is a good one. Trenton Channel Mini-cache is a micro I liked. Boardwalk Stash in Southfield and Rouge Booth in Bloomfield are a little ways out, but both are good. Also a little bit out of downtown, in Farmington, is M Cubed Museum, a highly entertaining virtual. Or you could go up to the Rochester area for Bill & Gary's Excellent Adventure II (best on a warmer day, though, hint hint).

Michigan Geocaching Organization

If you're looking for a quick numbers gain, I'd suggest hitting the Trenton area. You've got 2 multis, a handful of normals, a few micros and an amazing amount of virtuals. Detroit area has pretty much every type of cache you'd want. You might want to try and lineup all the metropark caches for a full day run since your $4 gate fee covers all the parks for the day. If you feel like crossing to Canada, the ERCA multi is a good 70 mile trip start to finish.

Wulf