WI-Geocaching.com status?

sbukosky

Due to equipment failure the WGA website is down at this time.

We are working on recovering and restoring as much of the site as we can, and hope to have the site up again as soon as is

possible.

4/26/03 2:30PM Update

We have finished our recovery attempts, and unfortunatly there was no recoverable data.

To add to the frustration, yesterday morning my personal workstation ate its aged hard drive which had the recent backup of

the WGA site. Fortunatly another of the WGA webmasters, jvechinski, has a slightly older backup which we will be restoring

to.

It is anticipated at this time that message board postings made after late April will be lost, and some membership records may

have also been lost. As more is known, it will be posted here. Thanks for your patience!

cachecows@elknet.net

[This message was edited by Farmerted on April 26, 2003 at 09:33 PM.]

According to our webmasters, if I got this right, we got slammed by some virus that uses a back door to enter the system.

We've had several hard drives distroyed and lost a lot of data.

The webmasters want to be sure we close all these door and take all preventative measures before putting the site back on line.

I'm going through WGA website withdrawl !!!!

Brian

WGA Vice President

wga-admin@wi-geocaching.com