Garmin Montana 650T

I'm not sure if anyone here has this issue or if its been discussed. I found this video online which shows the problem but there were only two comments that didn't offer any help fixing the issue!

Basically when using the unit for automotive navigation it will switch from automotive mode to what is featured in the video.

From this:

garmin-montana-650t-rugged-handheld-gps-device-with-5mpix-camera_2.jpg

To this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrAZFm25iSI

Needless to say its rather frustrating having to pull over and reboot the GPS unit to get it working again. Usually having to reprogram your destination point in the process. I've read that the screen protector might cause this issue so I've removed it but have yet to test the unit on a long driver. Usually the unit works fine then about 20-30mins into the drive it will malfunction.

Edited by Yeah_meoW

First of all if your Montana has a screenprotector, if you take it of do it very careful.

If your unit worked with the screenprotector before, the fault is not because of the protector.

It looks like the screen isn't responding right, almost the whole first series was taken back by Garmin because of this issue, look at the serial of your unit, if it's low you might have this problem.

Try aligning your screen, else contact Garmin by phone, helpdesk is useless.

Sorry, but what problem? Did you read the actual comments?

TheLordrjd 1 year ago

This issue appears to be caused by the screen protector. It went away after I removed it.

Obviously I read the youtube comments herpa derp!

If you bothered to read my post you will see that I mention removing the screen protector - since that might cause the issue.

Anyway just updated the firmware - seems it was pretty out of date. Also removed the screen protector. I've used it plenty of times and it worked fine so I don't think that's whats causing the problem. The screen protector I had installed was made by Garmin so not an off brand

dqDLsEt.png

If my units has a low serial # will Garmin take it back? My serial # is 28V007231 not sure if that's low or high though.