Got it back

slant88

Had an issue with the joy stick of a new Etrex 20. Contacted Garmin expecting the usual hassle. Sent in the bad one on the 17th and received the new one on the 25th. Doesn't get much better than that. Now I can start learning how to use it again and asking more questions. :)

Had an issue with the joy stick of a new Etrex 20. Contacted Garmin expecting the usual hassle. Sent in the bad one on the 17th and received the new one on the 25th. Doesn't get much better than that. Now I can start learning how to use it again and asking more questions. :)

Congrats. It was your earlier post that inspired me to finally send in my Garmin 62S which was getting almost unusable. I too sent mine in on the 17th. Warranty was up but for $145Cdn I could get a refurb. It should arrive next week.

Edited by L0ne.R

Posted this a little while back about receiving my replacement EX20. Put the new one thru its paces on a two week vacation around the state and was really disappointed. Had the same problem with the Joy-stick as the returned one. Really frustrated and wanted to throw it as far as possible. Maybe I could use it for a Geocach. Looking for a more reliable one and could use suggestions. Thanks

Glad you have had good service folks, but sorry you still have issues slant88. I use the 62s, and I am happy with it. Still learning every time I use it...but there's no joystick! Let Garmin know your frustrations, and maybe they can point you in the direction of a unit you'll be happy with. If you are honest and polite, who knows - they may give you a deal? One can dream.................good luck!