550T

Just bought a used Garmin 550T,as an update from my vista hcx. £120 unit is in very good condition. I have looked in the set up files and found firmware 3.90 was loaded which placed it around 2010. 2 photos of someones back garden were stored and 1 track, all dated 25/12/2010 so it was possibly a xmas pressie, no other data. It appears to have had very little if any use. I have updated the firmware to 5.50 as this has had good reports, there are newer builds but users have downgraded to the version I loaded. Came with a world basemap, European recreation map and a birds eye demo. Also I loaded talkytoasters map and added an 8gb sd card.

After a very brief look at it I have to say it's a definite step up, the paperless aspect of it is very good. I'll use it alongside my hcx this weekend and see how they compare for accuracy.

Can i move the already loaded maps to the sd card? Loaded talkytoasters maps to sd card.

Edited by andyakashrek