Texas challenge in Bastrop

Hi I'm a Houston area cacher (new to geocaching), it seems like I'm too late to register for the Texas Challenge on their website. Has anyone been to one and knows if I could just show up and slide in with an established team....or is there a team locally already registered who would be willing to add me in?

I would really love to go. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Hi I'm a Houston area cacher (new to geocaching), it seems like I'm too late to register for the Texas Challenge on their website. Has anyone been to one and knows if I could just show up and slide in with an established team....or is there a team locally already registered who would be willing to add me in?

I would really love to go. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!!

You can show up and particiapte in the main event, other events, lab caches, and other goings-on, but all Challenge competitors have to be pre-registered.

Too late to compete but you can still attend and get credit for a Mega. Registration closed three weeks ago. Should try the non-competitive event in the fall or wait for next years Challenge.

Since you're in the Houston area I suggest you get involved with Houston Geocaching Society at www.hgcs.org or with Texas Geocaching Assoc at www.txga.net. This will help get you involved, keep you informed and meet other cachers.