Found / Not Found Smilies

blue_tweet

As far as I know there's not, I've never found such an option in the configuration. As of today, DNF'd caches show up just like regular not-yet-found caches since that's what they actually are.

But it's not a bad idea. I explore my DNF list now and it would be useful to have a smiley for caches with DNF status. It would draw my attention while browsing the map and I'd open the listing to see if the cache is already in place or just whatever has happened since my DNF. But at the same time I'd still like to see the type of the cache (traditional, multi) so the classic images could be modified let's say with the blue DNF smiley placed in a corner of the image so we still would know it's multi or mystery cache.

:rolleyes:

I have seen this morning that some of my DNF's, the co's had replaced the cache containers. Sure wish I knew when this happened right away. Guess if I put the dnf's on my watch list huh ?

What I do when I DNF a cache is put them all in a Bookmark List called "DNFs". There is an option to be notified of any new logs on a cache in a given Bookmark List, so I'm notified whenever anyone logs anything that's in my DNF list.

I have seen this morning that some of my DNF's, the co's had replaced the cache containers. Sure wish I knew when this happened right away. Guess if I put the dnf's on my watch list huh ?

What I do when I DNF a cache is put them all in a Bookmark List called "DNFs". There is an option to be notified of any new logs on a cache in a given Bookmark List, so I'm notified whenever anyone logs anything that's in my DNF list.

I do the same. That way I am notified when one of them is archived so I can cross it off my to do list.

Me, I just individually watch the ones whose fate I'm interested in. This is mainly because I'm too lazy to set up a DNF bookmark list, but as it happens, it also bumps the watch count so an inquiring CO will notice that at least one person is interested. Using a DNF list with watching attached cannot be detected by the CO.

This is my method as well. Having a blue frownie on the map would be nice, and it is a frequent request, however, I don't believe there has been any official comment on it.