ntering center poit with GPS unit

Jimmywi1

Hello,

Well I am moving right a long, I got a PPC to do paperless caching registered CacheMate and downloaded me PQ's into CacheMate. I was wantering if there is a was to enter my center point manually into CaheMates plug in to see distance. I know my latitude, longitude in dismal and degrees as well as my grid square (EN43qt). I know it wont tell me anything other than how far a cache is from my home but it be nice. I am looking a used PSP units and hope to have one soon.

Thank for your time

Jimmy

Hello,

Well I am moving right a long, I got a PPC to do paperless caching registered CacheMate and downloaded me PQ's into CacheMate. I was wantering if there is a was to enter my center point manually into CaheMates plug in to see distance. I know my latitude, longitude in dismal and degrees as well as my grid square (EN43qt). I know it wont tell me anything other than how far a cache is from my home but it be nice. I am looking a used PSP units and hope to have one soon.

Thank for your time

Jimmy

I used Cachemate on my Palm for quite some time to get cache descriptions, etc, in the field, but it's been years since I have last used it, and I'm going to guess that is true for most users. If I remember correctly, you can bring up a cache and then use it to search for nearest caches from it, but I honestly can't remember how, and my Palm is long dead. If all else fails, load a set of caches including the one closest to your home and go from there. You may find your answer on the Smittyware.com site. Check out the FAQ. If I remember correctly, you'll need the math (?) plugin that is available on the site.

Thank you for the reply. I will try that. I know most people don't use PPC's any more maybe. I think its the best money I've spent on a hobby in a long time, CacheMate that is and what you get for the money is outstanding, and the program works great. See there is a setting that I can set a cache "as the center" so I did that, Thanks that what I wanted to do is sort by distance.

do you happen to remember where the link in the caches that says view cache online takes you? it brings me to geocaching.com and want me to sign in be to sign in so I did, just keeps loading the Sign in page. I was able to sign in then I ticked remember me, I went there again and it did nit remember me and I have not been able to sign in from my PPC since, A Dell AXIM X5 long the thing so far. I been reefing about CacheMate on the Smittyware.com site and hear its seems overwhelming but love the hunt

Jimmy

Thank you for the reply. I will try that. I know most people don't use PPC's any more maybe. I think its the best money I've spent on a hobby in a long time, CacheMate that is and what you get for the money is outstanding, and the program works great. See there is a setting that I can set a cache "as the center" so I did that, Thanks that what I wanted to do is sort by distance.

do you happen to remember where the link in the caches that says view cache online takes you? it brings me to geocaching.com and want me to sign in be to sign in so I did, just keeps loading the Sign in page. I was able to sign in then I ticked remember me, I went there again and it did nit remember me and I have not been able to sign in from my PPC since, A Dell AXIM X5 long the thing so far. I been reefing about CacheMate on the Smittyware.com site and hear its seems overwhelming but love the hunt

Jimmy

Sorry, can help on that. I was using an old Palm Pilot that did not have online access.