Discovered ?

dadandluc

That is basically what it means, but not necessarily in a cache.

If you were to have looked closer, you would see that Bando25 Discovered three trackables all on the same day, at or about the time that all three were in the possession of Catcalls. It would seem to me that they either know one another or met happenstance while out geocaching.

Both are newbie cachers... they probably know one another.

It would be nice if a "Discoverer" cacher were to say something in the log, but more and more, fewer don't do that.

That log-type (I believe) was intended to tell the Owner that the trackable was yet alive and well, though not moved at that time. Now, folks seem to just use that log-type to bump their own stats and little more.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

If you come across any kind if trackable in a cache and want to indicate that you found it but don't want to take it and move it along, you log a Discovered and leave it in place. Trackables are also often passed around at events so people can log a Discovered on them. Sometimes these trackables are temporarily in the hands of a cacher while they are moving it along to another cache, and sometimes the trackable belongs to the cacher and is permanently in thier possession, and they bring it out at events for discovery or just log a Visit to caches they find. I have a personal Geocoin I won at the first event I attended, and I Visit it to all the caches I've found since then as a means of tracking the miles I've travelled caching.