Garmin and windows8

Hi all, I have an etrex20, which I am happy with, as I have a windows 8 laptop have been running chrome to enable me to download, this morning it did not recognise it, so loaded up Garmin plug ins as requested, Garmin screen says it is there and advises me to upload another plug in, done that, but it is still not recognising that it is there, even though the Garmin system says it is, any advice please.

Thanks

Keithnipper49

This morning (Feb 25) I cannot download to my GPS. As above I have downloaded the latest version of Communicator and checked that the USB software is up to date and it is. I then logged out, closed down the puter and switched off. Powered up again and still no go. I see from the Garmin website that IE is not supported. I cannot believe this. All this has been done with Windows 7 and Vista and IE. I also used Chrome and tried that buLost still no joy. Bit of a time consuming downer. I will set up Firefox and try again but what is going on?

Edit - It works with Firefox. Lost a couple of hours caching time with this fiddling. :(

Edited by Lone Tracker