How to Download Pocket Queries from Mac

HawaiianHairball

Yes... and... no.

Yes you can load from a mac to an Oregon, no you do not need any software (you don't need GSAK to load from either type of computer).

GSAK is a fine tool for managing geocaching files, it is not necessary to load PQ files to a GPSr.

Download PQ >

Plug Oregon to computer; activate GPSr >

Locate Garmin/GPX folder (as an external or storage device) >

Drag and drop downloaded PQ GPX files(s) to that folder >

Dismount Oregon >

Go caching.

There is no need for ANY go-between software.

One difference between mac and PC: when deleting GPX folder contents, with a mac you MUST empty the trash before unplugging (dismounting) the Oregon.

If not, the old files remain.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

i have always had a PC and downloaded pocket queries to my GPS using GSAK which is not mac compatable. Is there any software that i can download to send a pocket query from a mac to a garmin oregon fairly easily. TIA and aloha

When I switched to a Mac I found iCaching in the Mac App Store that has some database management features similar to GSAK. I particularly like the Smart Folders. The app is definitely not as feature filled as GSAk but it is nice to be able to track finds, hides etc.

Another option that I tried was to install Parallels and Windows on a partition and then installed GSAK on the Windows partition. Works well, but it took up to much space on my MacBook Air.