Unknown cache - subcache types

Maitomies

I don't know if someone have already suggested or asked this but ...I'll ask anyway...

Why don't you make these widely used but "unofficial"cachetypes official cachetypes or subcache types for unknown caches, for example

Bonus caches

- caches where you can find pieces of coordinates from other cache or cache series

Challenges:

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=206

Or if not official at least possibility to use different colored question marks for those in geocaching map so they would be more easy to find or pick up... ;

Bonus caches, yellow question mark; challenges, red qestion mark; etc ...

Edit:

found old thread related to this (http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=308226&hl=bonus&st=50), but I'll let this still be here because that suggestion of using different colored question marks is something that would be a new feature?

Edited by Maitomies

Well, a bonus cache like you described would be a puzzle-you have to figure out the co-ords.

No, most I've done were similar to multis actually, just that each "stage" was a find.

Or maybe similar to a challenge.

A bonus cache is like a challenge where you have to find specific caches to qualify, although challenge rules say you generally can't have a challenge to find specific caches.

Well, a bonus cache like you described would be a puzzle-you have to figure out the co-ords.

No, most I've done were similar to multis actually, just that each "stage" was a find.

Or maybe similar to a challenge.

A bonus cache is like a challenge where you have to find specific caches to qualify, although challenge rules say you generally can't have a challenge to find specific caches.

You were around early enough to remember...

Mystery/Unknown? Series with stages. All counted as finds.

Not allowed anymore.

I don't remember what they were called and we had one. 8 stages, 8 finds. :)

There's still a heck of a lot of them out there and I'd like to know which are fun series and which are actual puzzles I probably won't do.

In a sense yes, but the key difference is that in one case one has to solve a puzzle at home and in the other case, no homework is needed and one

just obtains the coordinates of the bonus by visiting one or several other caches (typically this is done within the same hike/walk).

As in some areas of Europe there are enormously many caches of the mystery type, it is not surprising that many European cachers would like

to distinguish quickly and automatically between the different forms of mystery caches.

Like others I do not think however that Groundspeak will take any actions in this regard.

Cezanne