Place travel bug for other person?

dadandluc

I own a travel bug,that another cacher has picked up a while ago... He said he placed it in a cache recently,and told me which one..but I have not received anything..I visited the cache on-line, but the trackables not listed ,it still shows its in the prior cache... Can I "place" it in the cache he said it was in for him, or do I no longer have "control" over it... I see I could mark as missing...but its not. I emailed him to log it,but not sure if he will...

If you have contact with this cacher, you'll have to ask him to properly log the "retrieve" from the prior cache and the "drop" to the new cache. That's if he wants credit for the move in his stats. If you can't get him to do it, you can log the retrieve and drop to the new cache yourself, if you know for a fact that the bug is there.

yes, as TriciaG said, you can always grab it from him, then place it in the cache by logging a note with some detail about why you, the owner are placeing it in the cache. If the cache is local enough, you can always go verify that it is there before logging it. People are capable of telling you one thing then doing another. Not saying that in this situation that you are being lied to, but as a tracable owner myself, I would feel better knowing that it is really there and not in someones personal trackable horde.

Did you tell him HOW to log it into the cache? Maybe he doesn't know how.

If he doesn't log it, you could grab it from him and place it in the correct cache.

Sounds like the other cacher didn't log anything at all, and therefore it's not showing in that persons possession. It's still logged in the last cache it was in. OP can retrieve it from the cache it's showing in now and drop it in the new cache himself. Or ask the other person to properly log it. Like you said, he may not know how.

On the TB's page, go to Found it? Log it!

One of the options will be to grab it. (In this case, like someone else said, since it's in a cache, you can choose to retrieve it from the cache.)

Wait - in your profile I see you own 3 Wherigo coins, but no bugs. Is it registered to someone else?

On the TB's page, go to Found it? Log it!

One of the options will be to grab it. (In this case, like someone else said, since it's in a cache, you can choose to retrieve it from the cache.)

Wait - in your profile I see you own 3 Wherigo coins, but no bugs. Is it registered to someone else?

No,its a coin not a TB, my bad... anyway, i got it straightened out.. Thanks for the help!