Mangellan explorist gc doesn't recognize some caches

Hello,

yesterday i bought the Mangellan explorist gc. I'm now trying to put some new caches on my gc but some of them seem not to be recognized by the gc. So that's how i do it: 1. Download the .gpx of the cache 2. Plug in my gc 3. Put the .gpx files into the geocaches folder. So what ami doing wrong?

Before you do anything else delete all geocaches and waypoints before you start. Now that you have downloaded some, delete all of them and reload what you want. The caches in the GPS are old, may be archived, moved, or any number of things.

First-check under waypoints rather than geocaches. I had a similar problem and ended up only loading waypoints. This might be what happened?

Second-plug the Explorist into your computer, open the cache page and select "send to gps" You will have to download a plugin, but when you hit send to GPS, you will get instructions on what to do.

Edit to add-there was a bug where people where having issues downloading caches. A quick search on the forums might reveal others with the same issue.

Edited by T.D.M.22

Since you're a Premium Member, I recommend using Pocket Queries instead of sending caches one at a time using Send to GPS, which does not send the waypoints (parking, trailheads, etc.). The easiest PQ can be done by scrolling and zooming on the map screen until you get the area and caches that you want. On the left-side pop out, there is a link to Save As Pocket Query. Download the PQ, unzip it, and copy the main file to the Geocaches directory of the GC and the "-wpts" file to the Waypoints directory. To get rid of the caches and waypoints, just delete the two files off the GC. Learning to do PQs on the Your Pocket Queries page is not too difficult. Just remember to preview them before you run them, since you can only run each one once per day.

I also recommend getting rid of the GPX files that came on the unit. You can move them to an archive on your computer, or just delete them.

Hello,

yesterday i bought the Mangellan explorist gc. I'm now trying to put some new caches on my gc but some of them seem not to be recognized by the gc. So that's how i do it: 1. Download the .gpx of the cache 2. Plug in my gc 3. Put the .gpx files into the geocaches folder. So what ami doing wrong?