Geocaching with a Blackberry

ehenderson

I was going to say the infamous Geocache Navigator by Trimble (infamous because it added the text "found with The Geocache Navigator by Trimble" to cache logs), but best I can tell it's been discontiunued?? I'm not seeing it on their website. It was a monthly or yearly subscription though anyways, the only app of it's kind, as far as I ever knew.

I use a BlackBerry Z30 and use both cachsense per previous link, which has to be sideloaded, and C:geo.

Both have good elements, Cachsense is more fully integrated to Geocaching.com data base so you can store to and synch bookmarks.

But I do find some of the UI elements a bit cluttered and I haven't found an easy way on cachsense to just enter co-ordinates and go (on the rare occasions to date I have solved a puzzle)

I'm new to Geocaching but long time BB user, the Z30 is great with he large screen and excellent battery life as well so its an ideal tool for the job.

The way I do puzzle waypoints is,

Solve the puzzle and then on the cache page click to add a note and enter coords so that I have a record of the answer. Then slide to the waypoint screen, add a new waypoint, choose manual input option,enter numbers and save. Then you can click that waypoint to select it and then select map or compass and off you go. Agreed it would be easier to cut and paste from one screen to another but as all good cachers carry pens or pencils and paper so it's not that hard.