Why can't I see geocaches on my Etrex 20?

Beagle100

I have downloaded some caches onto my new Etrex 20 but can't find them on the device. Any ideas?

How far away are these caches? If they are more than something like 50 kms away, then you won't see them in the "nearest" list.

You might need to search for them by GC code or name.

page 35 of the owner manual says:

Geocaching Settings

Select Setup>Geocaches.

Geocache List - allows you to display the geocache list by names or codes.

B.

I have downloaded some caches onto my new Etrex 20 but can't find them on the device. Any ideas?

How far away are these caches? If they are more than something like 50 kms away, then you won't see them in the "nearest" list.

Not true. The e20 and e30 do NOT behave that way. I cleared my e20 of all caches and loaded a couple 600 miles away. When I turned on the GPS and went to Geocaches those distant caches displayed just fine. The default display is to show the caches nearest you no matter how far away, but just to be sure I went to the sub menu and selected Search then Near Me. Again the caches 600 miles distant appeared.

Distant caches may have been a problem with older models but that is not the case with the current eTrex line.