Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
Kenchmeister

Adopting?

I've got lots of free time and I see that some caches in my area are disabled and not being looked after... Is the anyway I can maybe adopt old caches and maintain them?

Thanks in advance,

Kenchmeister

Only the cache owner can transfer the listing.

Here's the Help Center article on this http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=54

You can try to contact the owner(s), see if they'll make the transfers.

Please don't fix up caches that don't have responsive owners , beyond perhaps replacing a full or damaged log. Eventually, especially if they're already disabled, they'll be archived, and a new cache with an active owner can be placed.

Only the cache owner can transfer the listing.

Here's the Help Center article on this http://support.Groun...g=kb.page&id=54

You can try to contact the owner(s), see if they'll make the transfers.

Please don't fix up caches that don't have responsive owners , beyond perhaps replacing a full or damaged log. Eventually, especially if they're already disabled, they'll be archived, and a new cache with an active owner can be placed.

+1

Quoting Clan Riffster "Don't be a crappy cache enabler". I wouldn't replace the logsheet/book. I might leave a small piece of paper to last about a month, in a cache that is reasonably well-maintained with a conscientious active owner. Just enough paper to tide the cache over for 3 or4 weeks. Most important thing you can do for the owner is let them know the cache needs maintenance - a number of times I've visited our cache hides to find a damp logbook, a full logbook, messy contents (because a bubble container leaked), yet no one mentioned the problem in the logs. Post a Needs Maintenance log. A CO may not react to information in a regular post but will take note when someone posts an NM.

Edited by L0ne R