Wherigo.com problem?

oldrocknmetal

We have recently developed a cartridge using Ranger Fox's Kit site (Thank You Ranger Fox) and everything worked great. We then uploaded the finished cart to Wherigo.com which worked great also. Next, we went to edit the cart to make it active and allow it to be shown in the directory. This is where the problem is.

When we hit save changes, we got an error page. The error page gives no specifics and only links you back to the Wherigo.com home page. We have tried this on multiple browsers and several different computers. We were curious about the edit problem, so we decided to edit our profile as a test and ended up back at the same error page.

Has anyone else experienced this or did we do something wrong?

Our thanks for any input

I have something on Kit that, if I enable it, lets me see every cartridge. Its purpose, actually, was for testing when I first released Kit, so I could debug some problems others might have. I left it in for the same reason, but I still have to click a button to see everything. I think that's fine because no one else in my area puts out cartridges, much less uses Kit to do so. I'm hoping a refined Wherigo Player courtesy of the Wherigo Foundation in a year or two would help (while the player will come out sooner than that, it will take a while, I think, to refine the UI and add all the additional functionality I envision).

Anyway, all that aside, the descriptions and names I was referring to were what you were putting into the boxes on Wherigo.com, not on Kit. On Wherigo.com, it tells you the maximum total characters for each text box, but it does not seem to enforce it. Thus, if you go over this number, the site's code crashes. That's what I was getting at.

Anyway, all that aside, the descriptions and names I was referring to were what you were putting into the boxes on Wherigo.com, not on Kit. On Wherigo.com, it tells you the maximum total characters for each text box, but it does not seem to enforce it. Thus, if you go over this number, the site's code crashes. That's what I was getting at.

I found the problem. The descriptions were not too long. There was a symbol in the description that the site did not like, so I removed it and everything worked fine.

Thanks again Ranger Fox.