How to find night caches

TeamBullet84

We camp a lot and like to search the areas we visit for caches. What is the best way to find a night cache? The type I'm looking for are those that use firetacks and require flashlights to locate the cache. I've tried a few different attributes like the "Flashlight Required", "Night Cache" and "Recommended at Night", but more times than not they are not actually the night caches described above. Maybe there's just not that many out there... Any ideas?

Those attributes are the best way to find a nearby night cache.

Once you've found one night cache, check the bookmark lists the night cache is on. Some of them may be lists of other local night caches.

(And FWIW, not all night caches are the "follow the reflectors" type of night cache.)

We camp a lot and like to search the areas we visit for caches. What is the best way to find a night cache? The type I'm looking for are those that use firetacks and require flashlights to locate the cache. I've tried a few different attributes like the "Flashlight Required", "Night Cache" and "Recommended at Night", but more times than not they are not actually the night caches described above. Maybe there's just not that many out there... Any ideas?

It will vary by area but generally there are not that many. Use pocket queries and search on the attributes you have noted above (and add UV light). It works best if your PQ searches for one attribute individually, rinse and repeat for the others.

Bear in mind you can cache at night regardless if there is a "night cache", and it is quite fun and challenging.