Greasemonkey Script Problem

Delta68

Feel free to move this somewhere more appropriate if necessary...

One of my GM scripts is failing since the last site update. For some reason the script is firing three or four times when the nearest.aspx loads, but only once on the forum pages so it's not a fault with the script or my version of FireFox or GreaseMonkey

You can try this with a simple script containing just alert() and see how many times the message box pops up

Anyone else had this problem or know how to resolve it?

Thanks

Mark

No surprise. There's never any coordination between Groundspeak and the 3rd party developers, so things like Greasemonkey scripts are frequently broken. Some of my favorites that retained some of the missing functionality of the 'new' web design have been broken to the point where the developer has given up.

I don't know the script you're referencing, but perhaps you or someone else is familiar with the one I'm having trouble with. I used to use GCBBCode when logging my cache, but it no longer works for me.. I think it stopped working after one of the recent Firefox upgrades, but it could very well be related to something else. I have tried disabling all the other scripts, but the problem doesn't resolve, so I don't *think* it's a conflict with another script. I could be wrong about that, though.

GCBBCode used to not only let me insert more (different) smileys and fonts/colors/styles into my logs, but it also had a section that allowed me to create a template so I could enter information ("a grup consisting of A, B, C, and D did the X trail today and called ourselves Y on the logs") more quickly when logging power trails or many finds on one day. Then I could add specific comments about specific cache after inserting the template information. I can't get that script to load anymore. The text entry box flashes, then disappears, and none of the other changes to the log page appear either. There is a little section of a few dots in the center of the page, which function as a text box resizer when other scripts are active. However, nothing happens when I try to pull the dots down, so that function is also disabled.

I don't know if there's a conflict with something else on the page, if I need to reconfigure something in the script, or if the script is no longer compatible with this version of Firefox. The script owner does not seem to be active, and the script has not been updated in a couple of years. Can anyone help me figure out what is wrong? I would really like to be able to use this script again.