Pocket Queries

Watchfuliz

What is it that you want to do?

Load it to your unit?

Get a GPX file instead of a LOC file?

Gonna guess the latter... as a Premium Member, you (should) want a GPX file instead of a LOC file as it contains much more info.

If you had wanted a GPX file, you can do nothing about what you have already downloaded and saved, other than to delete it.

You would then run the PQ again, making sure to use the drop-down window near the bottom of the PQ page to send you a GPX file, before submitting it.

If that isn't your question, please explain what it is that you wish to do.

What is it that you want to do?

Load it to your unit?

Get a GPX file instead of a LOC file?

Gonna guess the latter... as a Premium Member, you (should) want a GPX file instead of a LOC file as it contains much more info.

If you had wanted a GPX file, you can do nothing about what you have already downloaded and saved, other than to delete it.

You would then run the PQ again, making sure to use the drop-down window near the bottom of the PQ page to send you a GPX file, before submitting it.

If that isn't your question, please explain what it is that you wish to do.

Thanks for the reply. That is what I was trying to do. I finally figured it out just before your reply. I got the gpx files downloaded, unzipped, and on the my Dakota 20. All of the caches show up with the descriptions, but the hints didn't get transferred for some reason. Did I miss a step in the query?

The hints will show... you need to be navigating to a cache in order to bring up the hint (with a Garmin unit).

Select a cache as though you were searching for it, and it will allow you then to bring up the hint.

Thanks guys. I started playing with this back in 2005 I think, but I didn't get to far with it back then. For that reason I am just now learning how to get around on the site. I bought the Dakota 20 for the paperless features as well as the altimeter and compass last week.I am way more into it now and look forward to doing this on my vacation trips to other states and around home. My other half thinks she might enjoy doing it too as long as it isn't too hard.......LOL. We think it will go great with our bicycle and motorcycle riding. We even see some caches in our state parks where we like to camp. We are looking forward to the fun.