Samsung SII GT-I9100 GPS Accuracy for Caching

Hi - wonder if someone can help

Someones given me there old Android phone (model above) running Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread.bvkg3 to try out for caching ( selling it for £ 50)

Howwever I'm a little concerned about the GPS accuracy which appears in Google Maps and Cachsense App to be only around 30- 50m best (blue circle on Googlemaps) and on Cachesense it gives a read out of the number of Sats it's seeing and the best is 5 whereas my wife's Sansumg Ace gives often up to 11 or 12 on the same app.

Is this an issue with this phone and if so is their a fix as apart from that it's fine or is it a non starter this model for caching ?

Thanks very much

I've been caching with a samsung sII for over a year now and i get pretty good accuracy from it.

The only problem is that sometimes it hops all over the place and it takes a while to get a fix, which is speeded up by turning it off and on again.

For that reason i'm looking into buying a proper handheld gps though.

But as i said before, i've been finding caches with it for over a year now, without real major issues

make sure to calibrate it or it will throw you way off! check under the app tools or settings to do this.

Not sure how to do the calibrate - however I remembered I had a Bluetooth GPS so with the App "Bluetooth GPS" it happily connected using the "Enable Mock GPS Setting" on the app giving a 3 or 4 metre accuracy (on Google Sat) and the same on Cache sense which is good enough

I have downloaded an App GPS Status and there is a tool which manages the A-GPS status and there is an option than Resets to clear all cached data (cold start) - would that help ?

Thank you