Collectibles

Praxitiles

I have a travel bug and am trying to activate it. The form wants to know if the bug is "collectible" or not. What do I say? Why?

Most cachers want their TB to travel. If you will place it into a cache with the plan that it travels from cache to cache, either mark it "Not Collectible", or leave it "Not set".

The "Collectible" option is for Trackable Owners' convenience, and designed for people who have lots of Geocoins that they've activated but keep at home. If you don't have a use for it, you don't have to select anything. If you don't know what "Collectible" is for, you don't have a use for it. :anicute:

If you'll be keeping the Travel Bug with you, and wish to remove it from your Inventory list (so it's not in the way when you make cache logs, or to greatly restrict the logs that can be made), mark it "Collectible", move it to your Collection, then mark it "Not Collectible". The only time it's useful to mark a TB "Collectible" is for the purpose of moving it to a Collection, while you are in the process of moving it.

I hope this helps!

Edited by kunarion

In most cases, you'd say it's not collectible. Making a bug collectible allows someone to put it in their "collection", taking it out of their "inventory", so it doesn't show in their inventory when they log a cache. I would never make a trackable collectible unless I plan to keep it myself.