No Cache Descriptions - But Premium Member!

fallen121

Hi guys,

Wonder if you can help? Have a Garmin Etrex 10. Upgraded to Premium before I connected it and downloaded some caches, but when I goto the cache description, all I get is a message telling me that if I want the cache description, then I need to upgrade. But I've already upgraded? Have I missed a step here? Tried downloading again but doesn't seem to have fixed it.

Thx

Edited by fallen121

Hold on a minute... some clarification might be needed here.

You say you upgraded to PM but, did you load any cache data to the unit BEFORE upgrading?

If so, then the answer is that you need to delete all data loaded to the unit prior to upgrading, both Found and Not Found caches.

The file types (.LOC and .GPX) are not compatible within the same unit. The unit will default any new data to the status of the previously loaded data. You need to delete any and all data with .LOC file extensions from the GPSr.

Thanks guys.

Didn't load ANY data to the device prior to upgrading and certainly no LOC files. The device was just something I carried with me to pinpoint my location when walking before I ever got into geocaching. I logged on and off the site a couple of times as suggested by the previous poster. Not sure if that helped but I was showing as a premium member with the ability to carry out pocket queries so assumed everything was a go.

I've now deleted all the caches I downloaded immediately after upgrading and re-downloaded them afresh rather than trying to overwrite them which seems to have fixed the problem.

Thanks again.