Trackable Vulture

LuLilac

So - still a relative newby and a bit obsessed with trackables.

When a TB gets dropped in a cache near me, what is the appropriate time to wait until I give in and go retrieve it? Someone just visited town and dropped a heap of TBs (well, 7) in a park near me about a week ago. I confess I've already retrieved two of them and discovered two of them. There are three more in a cache I had found previously and I sort of want to retrieve at least one of them, but is that excessive?

In another case, I retrieved a coin from a cache and left a TB. Someone who must live near by the cache left a note taking my TB (nice to see it starting to move) but he dropped two more TBs. This place isn't too far from my regular environs. Is it too weird to run up there to retrieve on of these 'new to me' TBs?

Also, I've seen people log, "Saw TB but didn't have one to trade so I didn't retrieve it." Do you need to trade TBs or can you just take the TB (so long as your log it and move it along to meet its goal?) It seems unfair to the TB to just leave it there if you can help with its mission. But maybe this seems unfair to the Trackable Vulture that I have become.

Also - do your friends and family think you are crazy? Do they ever stop thinking you are crazy?

Takk,

Lulilac

When a TB gets dropped in a cache near me, what is the appropriate time to wait until I give in and go retrieve it? 10 seconds

but is that excessive? All depends on what you do with them

Is it too weird to run up there to retrieve on of these 'new to me' TBs? All depends on what you do with them

I see that you are properly logging and promptly moving the TBs that you have picked up. So, go for it--as much as you want.

Do you need to trade TBs or can you just take the TB (so long as your log it and move it along to meet its goal?) Trackables are not trade items; you do not have to trade for them ever, even if a TB prison owner says you do.

Also - do your friends and family think you are crazy? Yes

Do they ever stop thinking you are crazy? No

When a TB gets dropped in a cache near me, what is the appropriate time to wait until I give in and go retrieve it? 10 seconds

Is it too weird to run up there to retrieve on of these 'new to me' TBs? All depends on what you do with them

I see that you are properly logging and promptly moving the TBs that you have picked up. So, go for it--as much as you want.

Do you need to trade TBs or can you just take the TB (so long as your log it and move it along to meet its goal?) Trackables are not trade items; you do not have to trade for them ever, even if a TB prison owner says you do.

Can the trackable be the item you take and I leave something in trade for it? Vice versa? I picked up my first TB today and I left a toy. When I drop off this TB should I not take something from the geocache unless I leave something else too?

Can the trackable be the item you take and I leave something in trade for it? Vice versa? I picked up my first TB today and I left a toy. When I drop off this TB should I not take something from the geocache unless I leave something else too?

You can leave something in a cache anytime, as long as there's room. You don't have to take anything. If you do take something (besides a TB), you should leave something of equal or greater value (besides a TB). TBs are not trade items, so they shouldn't be left in trade for something else.