"Search for a Trackable by Name" is not working

gtsally

Newly activated trackables do not show up in the results of a search by name. And, established trackables that undergo a name change are not searchable with their new name; but, still show up in a search of their old name.

While working on the above mystery, I found that some symbols are causing script errors:

Kunarion's Green Travel Dragon Geocoin [MISSING]

That TB name causes this result when searching:

"Syntax error near '"' in the full-text search condition '"Kunarion's Green Travel Dragon Geocoin [ [ ]MISSI'. Syntax error near '"' in the full-text search condition '"Kunarion's Green Travel Dragon Geocoin [ [ ]MISSI'."

It is OK if the search is done without the braces "[]":

Kunarion's Green Travel Dragon Geocoin MISSING

...in which case it finds the actual name, braces and all:

Newly activated trackables do not show up in the results of a search by name. And, established trackables that undergo a name change are not searchable with their new name; but, still show up in a search of their old name.

While working on the above mystery, I found that some symbols are causing script errors:

That TB name causes this result when searching:

"Syntax error near '"' in the full-text search condition '"Kunarion's Green Travel Dragon Geocoin [ [ ]MISSI'. Syntax error near '"' in the full-text search condition '"Kunarion's Green Travel Dragon Geocoin [ [ ]MISSI'."

It is OK if the search is done without the braces "[]":

Kunarion's Green Travel Dragon Geocoin MISSING

...in which case it finds the actual name, braces and all:

Our problem(s) are with recently (past week to 10 days) activated/changed travelers. Established unchanged travelers are not creating problems, unless name is changed.

When is/was database updated?

Can you provide some examples of Travel Bugs behaving in this manner?

I changed the name of my TB "Flying" to "Flying Restored", for this Topic. Same problem. Do a Trackable search, and there's no TB found by the name "Flying Restored".

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=3317717

This one's broken, too, kind of in the way described by gtsally. But I could chalk it up to a separate "braces" issue I already mentioned:

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=2626485

I changed several in January. Except for "Kunarion's Green Travel Dragon Geocoin [MISSING]", they all seem to be searchable by the new name.

Edited by kunarion